India wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha has disclosed the details of his interaction with the journalist who threatened him in a personal conversation and also revealed the name of the said person during his meeting with the 3-member committee appointed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to probe the much-publicised issue.
BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla said on Saturday that Saha gave all the necessary information to the committee and it would be passed on to the board.
The BCCI had formed a 3-member committee to probe into the allegations of Saha receiving threats from a journalist who sent him a series of messages threatening him for not agreeing to do an interview.
Rajiv Shukla, treasurer Arun Dhumal and apex council member of the BCCI, Prabhtej Singh Bhatia, were part of the 3-member committee formed by the board.
The senior India wicketkeeper on February 19 took to Twitter to share the screengrab of his conversation with the journalist who appeared to threaten the cricketer for not agreeing to talk to him over the Test snub.
Saha had later said in a social media post that he did not want to reveal the identity of the journalist on any public platform but stressed he would do so if the BCCI asked for details.
Saha shared the screengrabs of the messages and wrote on Twitter: “After all of my contributions to Indian cricket..this is what I face from a so-called “Respected” journalist! This is where the journalism has gone (sic).” In a one-sided exchange of messages, the journalist was seen telling Saha that he was hurt by the wicketkeeper not responding to his calls and that he doesn’t take insults kindly.
Saha has received messages of support in plenty as former cricketers, including ex-head coach Ravi Shastri, Virender Sehwag, RP Singh, have reacted sharply to the threats to the senior India wicketkeeper.
India did not pick Saha in the 18-man squad for the upcoming 2-Test series and the wicketkeeper told the media that he was told by the team management and the selection committee are planning to look beyond him and groom a young wicketkeeper.
Head coach Rahul Dravid, speaking to the press after India’s 3-0 sweep of the T20I series against the West Indies last month, said he is not hurt at all by Saha telling the media about their conversation over the wicketkeeper’s future in Test cricket.